Monday, 11 November 2013

Week 4 Update - Believe in Yourself

Technically its the end of week 5 but remember week 3 I was ill, so I went back a week as not to miss a week.
So, its now the end of week 4, my upper body strength does not seem to be improving but I am ready to up my lower body weights. I am kinda disappointed that I'm not noticing the results I thought I should be seeing, but I know these things take time............it's just frustrating. 







The plan over the next four weeks is to start lifting bigger, but reduce the reps. For week 1-4 I was doing 3 sets of 10 reps. I will now be doing 3 sets of 8 reps and hoping that will improve my muscle tone! 

I know I shouldn't be disappointed, if someone was telling me what I am typing I would just say 'it's not going to happen over night' but it's hard because I have been working so hard. 

I don't think I can even put it down to my eating - I eat three meals a day and sometimes have a snack before leaving work on a gym night, something like a banana or a few nuts. This weekend I did probably eat too much, not necessarily bad foods, just too much! 

Oh I don't know - now I'm rambling! I just thought strength would come more quickly. At least I now know what exercises I need to focus on!


The above was written today on my lunch break, its now 8:17 PM and I have just been to the gym. I need to stop being so hard on myself - jeez! My arms have definition that they have never had before, I'm lifting more than I have ever lifted and I feel great in myself. I'm sleeping better, my skin is looking better, I don't feel lethargic after eating meals, I don't get half as bloated as I used to. I have to remember that this is a lifestyle change, something that I will stick with. Changes aren't going to happen over night. I'm not going to wake up tomorrow with ripped legs but I AM working on it and I KNOW I will get there.

The key is consistency and determination. Both of which I do and have! Roll on the next four weeks training.

GO ME!

No comments :

Post a Comment